Choked by Roaches

Roach

Dinner is served (Photo credit: Are W)

Last month, I posted about 32-year-old Edward Archbold of Florida, who died after winning a roach-and-worm-eating contest during “Midnight Madness” at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach.

Archbold and thirty other contestants were trying to win a free python valued at more than $800. And Archbold was successful, at least for a little while.

After pounding down endless roaches and worms and being the “life of the party,” according to the store’s owner, Archbold complained that he felt nauseous and started vomiting.

Imagine that. Feeling nauseous after eating cockroaches. Who would have guessed?

Sadly, things got worse for Archbold and he eventually collapsed before paramedics could reach him. He was pronounced dead at North Broward Medical Center shortly thereafter. The cause of death? Asphyxiation due to choking and aspirating on bug parts, which blocked his airway.

I’m not sure any story could be more disgusting than this one… and on so many different levels!

Posted on November 26, 2012, in Perspectives and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

All replies welcome

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: