Blown Lottery Winnings
This story could definitely qualify for the “Dumb Ass of the Week” award. Or should I say dumb asses. You be the judge.
Two brothers in Wichita, Kansas recently won a lottery jackpot of $75,000 and decided to celebrate in style. They could have splurged on expensive gifts, paid off debts or thrown a party for all their friends, but these “geniuses” went a different direction.
They bought a bunch of weed and meth and started getting high.
Unfortunately, the effects of the drugs on their mental capacities were significant. One of them decided to refuel the butane torches they used to light their bongs, emptied several large cans of the volatile substance in their kitchen and failed to notice the butane leaking into the air.
Moments later, the gas reached the oven’s pilot light and BOOM! The house exploded.
One of the brothers, who was wearing a lottery t-shirt at the time, suffered second-degree burns to his chest and hands. His girlfriend immediately rushed him to the hospital, dropped him off and left. He now remains in serious but stable condition.
Authorities quickly obtained a warrant and went to the house (or what was left of it), where they found the second brother. He admitted to having drugs and was obviously arrested on the spot.
I guess the moral of the story is the same you might get from Forrest Gump: stupid is as stupid does. And where these brothers are concerned, stupidity might just be the tip of the iceberg.