Breaking News from Boston
The details are still sketchy at this time, but the latest in the Boston bombing investigation is that three additional suspects have been detained and will soon submit to questioning.
Whether they like it or not, I assume.
This comes after a week of new leads and discoveries in the case that continues to captivate America and the world. For instance, investigators found at least one fingerprint on the debris from one of the bombs. And female DNA was discovered on one of the pressure cooker bombs, as well.
Granted, this could have come from the cashier who checked the Tsarnaev brothers out at Wal-Mart or something—wherever they bought their home appliances—but for now it only adds to the mystery surrounding this terrible attack.
I will do my best to keep up with all the fast-breaking developments from Boston, especially with regard to these new suspects. And when I know more—if I know more—so will you.
Incidentally, all the drama surrounding the Boston attacks, the car chase, the shootouts, the standoffs and everything else have me wondering: Should I scramble to get a screenplay written about this thing? You have to admit, it would make a great television mini-series.
Or should I say maxi-series, which is what it will be by the time it’s all said and done.
It could work. And consider this: What if the series could air for free on the major networks with all advertising revenue going to the victims, their families and the survivors of this deadly attack?
I heard how much it costs for even one amputee to use a prosthesis and you wouldn’t believe the financial burden. Toss in loss of wages, insurance hikes, hospital costs and everything else the poor folks have to deal with and the idea sounds even better, don’t you think?
So if you’re reading this and you happen to be in the television industry, well-connected, filthy rich or motivated in some other way—and if you like the idea—let me know. I’m sure we could work something out.
More to come, peeps!
UPDATE: It turns out the three suspects detained by police were friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. They have all been charged with either obstruction of justice or lying to federal investigators. Apparently, they suspected Dzhokhar had made a bomb, said nothing about it and even removed items from his room after learning their friend was a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing. And yes, these items included things like a backpack, Vaseline and fireworks that had been emptied of their gunpowder… potential clues and maybe even evidence. Now it looks like each of these guys faces a jail sentence of five to eight years if convicted, which they will be. So let me be the first to send a special message to Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev and Robel Phillipos, an American citizen: “Thanks for nothing.”
Posted on May 1, 2013, in Perspectives and tagged Boston, Boston Marathon, commentary, current-events, Federal Bureau of Investigation, idea, news, perspectives, television, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.