Breaking News in Zimmerman Trial
I have a HUGE UPDATE from Sanford, Florida, the site of this year’s “Trial of the Century” involving George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year.
Details are sketchy, but I have just been told that Zimmerman somehow eluded his captors, exited the courthouse and escaped just a few minutes ago. Barbara Sylvester was on the street when the desperate fugitive suddenly appeared.
“He was sweating real bad and honestly, I could smell him coming long before he burst through that exit door,” Sylvester told someone unfortunate enough to start asking her questions. “Then a white truck pulled up… it looked like a Bronco… and George jumped in. They burned rubber and as they were passing by, I even caught a glimpse of the driver. I know this sounds cuckoo, but it looked like Al Cowlings.”
Cowlings and Zimmerman were last seeing driving down Interstate 4 at a very reasonable rate of speed, but should still be considered dangerous… and maybe smelly, too.
Seriously, though, the real update is that a short time ago, the jury in the Zimmerman case asked the judge to clarify manslaughter for them. She just met with attorneys from both sides to agree on a reply, but this obviously means Zimmerman’s chances of being convicted on a lesser charge have improved considerably. It may also mean that a verdict is forthcoming, so please stay tuned as this media-saturated circus finally winds down.
And yes, Interstate 4 is perfectly safe as far as I know. My bad.
Posted on July 13, 2013, in Perspectives and tagged commentary, Crime and Justice, current-events, Florida, humor, murder, news, perspectives, self defense, Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.