An honor to be nominated
Earlier today, I received a wonderful honor from the lovely and talented hentaiq of The Chosen Voice. She nominated Gnostic Bent for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I could not be more excited. I truly appreciate the nomination and wish my fellow bloggers luck in winning this prestigious award, too.
Now for “The Rules.” Anyone nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award must do the following to keep this unique prize rolling:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to them in your post.
- Share seven unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and blogs you like or admire… 15 or so if possible.
- Contact the bloggers you nominate to let them know and to link them back to your post so they can read “The Rules,” too.
The second “rule” demands that I share seven unknown things about myself, which will not be easy. I feel like I’ve revealed so much already through my blog, so please don’t expect any of this to be very interesting:
- If I were limited to one food for the rest of my life, it would have to be cheeseburgers. With all the fixings, of course.
- The only genre of music I truly detest is country. Hank Williams Sr. and Patsy Cline don’t count, though.
- I once won the city spelling bee, but got eliminated in the regional. I’m pretty sure it was fixed.
- In a previous life, I was a certified karate instructor. These days, throwing a kick would promptly be followed by throwing out my back, too.
- My favorite film of all time is “Pulp Fiction,” even after seeing it hundreds of times. My first viewing came from a pirated and extremely blurry videotape I bought at a state fair.
- I am waiting to hear that I won the Publisher’s Clearing House sweepstakes, but no word yet. I’ll be sure to post about it once it happens.
- Seven is my lucky number, so it seems appropriate that I list it here.
And now for the blogs I admire and want to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’ve only been blogging for a few months and may not reach the 15 blog goal, but here are the people who make me smile, laugh and think on a regular basis:
Lies Our Parents Told Us – Righteous Indignation with a Nerdy Inclination
Silencing the Crowd – What Can They Do
Michele D’Acosta – Museum of Documentary and Fiction
diannegray – Writing and loving life!
Lady or Not… Here I Come – Anything and Everything
Iconicallyrare – Acts & Deeds of the Style Prowess
sweetjellybean – Motherhood, beauty and simple DIYs
Thanks again for the wonderful honor and I wish all of you well. Good luck, nominees!
Posted on September 1, 2012, in Perspectives, Writing and tagged awards, Blog, Blogger, blogging, Candidate, entertainment, Gnosticism, gratitude, honors, One Lovely Blog Award, perspectives, Pulp Fiction, writing. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.